- Global strategy to promote sustainable communities for all our stakeholders
- Commitment to increase our community investment for business and stakeholders
- Global digital initiatives to build connections between stakeholders to spark local action
Why this matters
As a global media and digital leader in 110 countries we depend on our local communities for our talent, consumer insight, and media know-how. Through supporting and enhancing these communities we can deliver real value for both the local communities and our business. Community involvement also has the benefit of encouraging collaboration and innovation in our business, which in turn increases employee engagement.
Community impacts and targets
We will look to increase the involvement of our people in giving back to our local communities by making a positive community contribution.
We also seek to facilitate more sustainable communities through sharing our communication and media capabilities with charitable organisations for instance through sharing pro bono advice to involve entire communities in doing good.
We will measure the positive impact of our community involvement on charities and their beneficiaries, tracking whether beneficiaries experience a positive impact on their quality of life and whether sustainable capacity for communications is built with these groups.
Target 2015: We will donate at least 1% of our employees’ time to charitable causes by 2015, and help our stakeholders to do the same.
We will achieve this by:
- Raising internal social awareness through our Aegis Media CARES network of community champions who promote our global campaigns to build a culture of volunteering
- Working to launch specific local partnerships to build on our global community initiatives in the markets most material to our business
- Engaging internal and external stakeholders in our global community initiative GlobalGivingTIME using digital technology to take locally relevant steps to increase our community investment